With the rapid lifestyle changes we’ve all adopted, virtual options to tour listings are more important than ever before. Here is a quick explanation of what Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Northwest Real Estate and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Real Estate Professionals offer to conduct virtual showings.
A virtual showing is a video walkthrough or 3D Matterport tour that allows a homebuyer to feel as if they are touring a home in person. Many listings feature drone footage for an aerial view of the property. Other listings may feature 3-D home staging and interactive floor plans. The virtual showing is embedded in the home listing online and can easily be promoted on social media.
Virtual Open House
Our new virtual open houses are such a valuable feature. Basically they are a live broadcast you can set up at a specific time and date. The real estate broker has the opportunity to guide buyers through a virtual home tour and answer questions in real-time. Once the date and time are set, the broker can email the event out or even post it on social media just like they would with an in-person open house. Potential buyers will join the event link and can chime in with questions during the interactive tour.
Benefits of Connecting Virtually
The goal is always to sell your home efficiently. Having an agent who can show your home virtually is a huge advantage.
- Stand out online – A Virtual Open House gives you a competitive advantage. In this Housing Trends Report by Zillow, 79% of buyers shop for homes online.
- Convenience – Potential homebuyers can view a listing on their schedule.
- No more cancellations – There is no wasted effort preparing for a showing, only to have the buyer cancel your appointment.
- Serious inquiries – Buyers will know they are interested in a particular listing before they even contact you. This cuts back on the window shoppers.
- Fewer showings – It’s much easier to keep a listing nice and tidy without all the foot traffic.
Tips for Selling With A Virtual Open House
- Get your home ready for the virtual tour just like you would for an in-person showing or open house. Clean, declutter, and stage with new decor and furnishings. Turn on all the lights and open your blinds or curtains, so you have as much natural light as possible.
- Schedule your virtual tour capture at the same time as your professional photos for the listing. That way, you can clean and stage once.
We are always working on ways to improve your buying and selling experience. Thanks to Virtual Tours and Virtual Open Houses we are able to provide an integral part of the home buying process to you right from the comfort of your own home.